If you wanna feel better about your family, just read about ours...

Starring: a dad, a mom, a son & daughter-in-law, a daughter & son-in-law, another daughter & son-in-law, 1 teen, 1 grandson, 3 granddaughters, 4 dogs, and a whole lot of love.






Family Story Pic

Family Story Pic

Labels

Wednesday, August 9, 2023

On the 8th day, Sassy rested

 Let me tell you about my first week of August.

Ron was working in Mexico the first 3 days. I don't think I know any wife out there who loves it when her husband is away, but I definitely don't. Not only do I miss him terribly, but I'm not smart enough to be left alone for extended periods of time. It's ok, I know myself well enough to admit that. Logistically speaking, Ron runs this circus. When he travels, he's basically leaving the clown in charge of all the monkeys and I just hold my breath and hope nothing hits the fan while he's away. Thankfully we raised kids much smarter than me who live on standby when Ron travels.

On the 3rd day, two of our grandchildren arrived for an extended stay while their parents went on a little getaway. 

On the 4th day, we took them to The Big Foot Festival for an overnight stay in a hotel.

On the 5th day, after a day of boating, our other two grandchildren came home with us for a night swim and a Sassy slumber party with all four. 

On the 6th day, Chuckles (aka; Ron) took them all to church while I listened to online church and cleaned the house. I call that a mental health morning, cuz cleaning and restoring order calms my mind and soul. Is that all moms or just me? 

On the 7th day, I had my regular schedule of classes as well as all four grandchildren for our normal summer Monday.

I was blessed to be a stay at home mom with our four children and I'm blessed to be a stay at home Sassy for our four grandchildren...but I'm old now.

So on the 8th day, SASSY RESTED.

I've been planning it for weeks. I blocked out the entire day for my perfectly perfect day off. No classes, no writing, no cooking, no cleaning...nothing. I don't know how you spend your perfectly perfect day off, but let's just say I'm no Ferris Bueller. My goal is not to go do all the things. My goal is to stay at home and do nothinggggg.

Yesterday consisted of snacks, takeout, movies, sleep, no pants, and a bottomless margarita with Ron who scheduled the day off with me.
*Hangs sign*
Ron's a Ferris Bueller, so yesterday was not his dream day off. 
But he did it for me, because Big Foot Festival

I'll give ya two guesses whose idea that was.
Hint: Not mine.
Tune in next week when I'll be back to write the one where he dragged me to a big foot festival against my will.




No comments:

Post a Comment