If you wanna feel better about your family, just read about ours...

Starring: a dad, a mom, a son & daughter-in-law, a daughter & son-in-law, another daughter & son-in-law, 1 teen, 1 grandson, 3 granddaughters, 4 dogs, and a whole lot of love.






Family Story Pic

Family Story Pic

Labels

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Just In Case You Wanted My Opinion: My Movie Review of 2 Guns

2 Guns
Rated: R
Starring:  Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington

The Premise:  A DEA agent and a naval intelligence officer find themselves on the run after a botched attempt to infiltrate a drug cartel.  While fleeing, they learn the secret of their shaky alliance:  Neither knew that the other was an undercover agent. 

Let's be honest.  Denzel Washington was overdue for a good movie.  Looking back on his amazing role in The Book Of Eli compared to how I felt watching him in his more recent films, Safe House and Flight, I've come to a conclusion.  I cannot condone Denzel Washington playing the role of a bad guy and/or a drunk.  Don't even get me started on his performance in Training Day.  *Shudder*  A woman can only take so much.  So call this a spoiler alert, if you will, but Denzel Washington plays a good great guy in 2 Guns and fills the big screen with all the awesomeness we've come to expect in classic hero, Denzel.

I'm not saying I don't hold Mark Wahlberg to a standard, but let's just say Mark Wahlberg seems to get away with pretty much anything he wants.  I love to watch him play the good guy, but wouldn't ya know, I don't mind watching him play the bad guy.  Chalk up my hypocrisy to one of those questions on this earth we might never understand...or attribute it to his universal hotness in all circumstances...the bottom line is this:  I root for Mark Walhlberg regardless of whether he's playing a questionable cop in The Departed, the heroic brother-in-law who saved his family in Contraband or an unshaven, ball cap wearing, naval officer, with a habitual flirtatious wink and the ability to accurately shoot the heads off a partially buried row of chickens...I'll stop there, heaven forbid I slip another spoiler alert.
PETA:  Save it.  I didn't make the movie.

Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg are a match made in movie heaven.  This action packed story filled with humor, twists and turns will draw you in and hold you there till the end. 

My review for 2 Guns:  A+

To the woman sitting directly behind me who loudly asked questions nonstop throughout the entire movie, allow me to help you out:
Yes, those are good guys, some guys in the navy are bad, that was a setup, that was the burned down restaurant, they killed that lady, she's wearing that ring, why yes that is a box of Captain Crunch in that scene, yep that was a nipple...and while we're at it, yes, every single person in this theater hates you right now.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
If you tend to loudly commentate throughout a movie in a theater,  
KNOCK. THAT. CRAP. OFF.

And, no, this isn't my PMS talking.  It's the consensus of movie goers everywhere who spend the movie listening to your voice while plotting parking lot revenge and when the credits roll lean over to their husband and ask,
"You've got my back if this goes bad, right?"

Ron:  "Oh gosh."

No comments:

Post a Comment