If you wanna feel better about your family, just read about ours...

Starring: a dad, a mom, a son & daughter-in-law, a daughter & son-in-law, another daughter & son-in-law, 1 teen, 1 grandson, 3 granddaughters, 4 dogs, and a whole lot of love.






Family Story Pic

Family Story Pic

Labels

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Just in case you wanted my opinion: My review of 21 Jump Street

I unavoidably waited 8 long days to see this movie, but these guys take the term "worth the wait" to a whole new level.

In the spirit of keeping this honest and unbiased, I should foreclose my total crush on Channing Tatum. I doubt that puts me in the minority here. You might remember that his bare behind single-handedly bumped my review of the movie The Vow up a whole grade a few weeks ago. I assure you, none of that came into play with my opinion of this movie.

21 Jump Street
~starring Channing Tatum...and some other guy~ Rated R
It's a Comedy about the lives of 2 opposite guys, Jenko and Schmidt, who knew each other from high school, reconnected in the Police Academy, became friends and used their strengths to help each other graduate and become Police Officers. Shortly after, they get transferred to an undercover branch of the force that sends them back to high school to infiltrate a drug ring in an effort to track down the suppliers.

There are some movies that show all the funny parts in the previews and you sit for 2 hours recognizing all the familiar scenes, but you walk away disappointed. This movie does not do that. Every scene has something hilariously unexpected, to the point that I feel like I need to see it again because my 40 year old bladder and giant coffee had me running for the bathroom just as Jenko and Schmidt arrived at high school on their first day and I know I missed a lot of laughs in those 5 minutes.

Now for me, there's a fine line between stupid humor full of cussing and raunch that I find ridiculously offensive (ie; The Change Up) and a movie that has cussing and raunch, but has you rolling on the floor laughing from beginning to end. (ie; Wedding Crashers.) For the life of me, I don't know how I determine which is which. Maybe it's the likeability of the characters...or the hotness...ahem, but I either love it or hate it and there's no in between. With that being said, I've gotta be completely honest here. This movie has a lot of cussing and there are a few scenes that would definitely qualify as raunch. You do not want to take your young kids to see this, which is a shame because it's such a funny movie, that minus the cussing and raunch, I know my 12 year old would really enjoy.

I'm just giving you a heads up. If you're easily offended, this is not the movie for you. But if you're a Channing Tatum stalker fan and love to laugh at stupid humor, you'll love this movie as much as I do.

My grade for 21 Jump Street: A+ and 10 thumbs up.
Hey, I know I only have 2 thumbs, but this is my review and I can do what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment